Saturday, February 21, 2009

Exploring the Color Wheel

Over the next few weeks I would like to spend some time exploring the color wheel. I recomend everyone to have a color wheel, they can be purchased at local arts and craft for a few dollars. My favorite would be one that has the colors and also has slots that show you what each color would look like if primary colors, white, black or gray would be added. The one I have is a floral design color wheel.

This week I would like to cover Mono-Chromatic colors. A Mono-Chromatic color scheme starts with one base color. When inplementing this color scheme you will be using any shade, tint or tone of the color chosen. The card below is a sample of using a Mono-Chromatic color scheme. I hope you are inspired to try this color scheme and if you do, please email me a copy of the card or project and I will post it on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment